31 March 2012

I Feel Like a Failure Today

I really do.

Today, I've been dealing with full-blown seasonal allergies that make my head ache, my face and eyes itch, and my throat so sore I couldn't even get down a cup of coffee this morning.  On top of that, I have some kind of very strange toothache going on that causes near-constant pain all across the lower right side of my jaw.

And so, as you can imagine, today was never going to go down as one of my most productive days in history.  I spent most of the day curled up in a ball of pain reading A Game of Thrones on my Kindle.  (Great book, by the way, but not for the faint of heart.)  We ate brats and carrot sticks with hummus for dinner.  I haven't even glanced at the dishes yet.

We did manage to get through a math lesson, and Syd played outside in the leaves for an hour while I hid under a blanket in the yard and cried.  But there were so many things I wanted to do today, like a trip to the park and the library, and finally completeing the last bit of our current science lesson.

Oh well.  Tomorrow's another day.  Hopefully, a day with a bit less tree pollen.

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

4 comments:

Bright Sky Mom said...

(((HUG))) My poor dh is suffering the same pollen-induced misery. I hope you enjoyed your Game of Thrones escape a little bit at least! :)
Lee

Bright Sky Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bright Sky Mom said...

Well, I tried to delete the double post but the "comment removed by author" looks negative, so I'm posting again to say I love your blog title!
Lee

Mergath said...

Why, thank you! :) I always wonder if people read the blog title and think, "What the heck...?"

Post a Comment