05 April 2012

No More Dairy For Me

I think I'm going to give up dairy.

I've noticed that, lately, every time I drink a glass of milk, I feel somewhat sickish afterward.  I know that intolerance to dairy can cause all sorts of problems as we age, so I am going to try to give up dairy.

Mostly.  I must have half and half in my coffee in the morning.  Period.

But other than that, I will give up dairy and see what happens.  It's going to be hard for me because I got in the habit of drinking a lot of milk for the vitamin D, which helps a lot with my OCD.  So I will definitely need to take my multivitamin every day to make up the loss.  Hopefully though, I'll lose the few pounds I've gained and feel better.

I'll be sure and document how it works as I go.  Losing butter is going to be the hardest, I think.  Goodbye, mashed potatoes.  Goodbye, cheese.  *sigh*  Hopefully though, it'll be worth it.

If anyone has any tricks or replacements for me to try, I'd love to hear about it!
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment