28 August 2012

I Really Think I Might Have Lyme Disease

I'm not sure if I posted about my horrific tick-on-butt experience when it happened, and honestly, I just don't have the energy to go and look.

A few months back, early on in the summer, I went hiking with Syd and her godmother at our local state park.  It was a beautiful day, and we had a lot of fun, but the ticks were out in force.  I found them all over my shoes, and was pretty sure I had gotten them all.

Nope.
Later that night, after I had crawled into bed, I swore I felt something moving in the vicinity of my butt.  Which was extremely odd, and a bit disturbing.  Figuring I just had a stray cat hair, I reached down to see (hey, what would you have done?) and found a tick.  It was tiny, and I ran to flush it before more rational thoughts about tick identification crossed my mind.

Within the next week, I felt horrible.  Chills, aches, low-grade fever.  I developed a round red rash on my upper arm that looked extremely suspicious, but because it wasn't at the site of the bite, I just shrugged it off as nothing and went about my life.  I felt fine a few days later anyway.

Well, now I'm starting to think that may have been something after all.  For several days now, I've been tired.  So, so tired.  So tired I just want to cry and sleep all day, but even if I do I wake up still tired.  And I ache.  My hands, wrists, and occasionally feet and elbows feel like they have their very own case of the flu.  Also, I get dizzy and light-headed any time I stand up.

After spending a few minutes with my buddy Google, lo and behold, I have classic signs of Lyme Disease.  *sigh*  So I have an appointment on September seventh, and we'll see what my doctor says.  I'm hoping it'll be something along the lines of "Take this pill for a few weeks and you'll feel good as new."  Because right now, I feel bad as crap.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment