21 April 2012

Spring is Sprung

Goodness, time flies when the weather is nice or your family is sick!

A week ago, I signed up Syd and myself for a membership at the Y, and I love it.  For fifty bucks a month, I get unlimited use of the gym and pool, free childcare for Sydney when I'm working out, I can attend all fitness classes for free, and I get six weeks of guidance from the personal trainers.  We've been pretty much living there since last Friday.  The pool is amazing- it's a zero-depth entry, so it gently slopes into deeper water like a beach.  There's a kids waterslide, a huge adult waterslide, and a giant mushroom that rains down water.  Between that and bike rides, going to the playground, and nature walks, we've only been inside when it's hailing.

The hubby has the flu, poor man.  Fever of over 102, aches, chills, throbbing headache, and a horrible, painful cough.  Not good, given his history of asthma.  After I finish my coffee, I'm going to run around town and gather my regular flu arsenal.

Also, we bought Syd her first bike! 

Giggles 14" Bike

Cute, huh?  She can pedal a whole block now, and for a child with low muscle tone, that's quite a feat!

Now that we've worked off the last vestiges of cabin fever, I'll be back to my regular blogging schedule.  I hope you're all having as much fun this spring as we are!


  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment