05 May 2012

I Feel Yucky

A couple of nights ago, I was sitting on the couch, minding my own business and reading a magazine, when I was hit with excruciating abdominal pain.  As someone with obsessive-compulsive disorder, I was, of course, immediately certain my appendix had just burst or was well on its way, so I went to the clinic to get checked out.

By the time I got there, I was in so much pain they had to give me a shot of demerol.  (That helped, heh.)  It turns out it wasn't my appendix that had burst, but a large cyst on my right ovary, which can be nearly as painful, believe me.  There was fluid all over the place from the burst cyst, they told me after reviewing the ultrasound, and I was going to be in a lot of pain for the next couple of days.

I am.  Ugh.  I hurt.  And I feel sleepy and depressed.  The vicodin doesn't help with that, but at least I can be out and about when I'm on it.  Otherwise, I'm trapped on the couch whimpering and holding my tummy.

I don't know if it's my poor ovary with the owie on it or what, but I am wiped out.  The medication I'm on to treat my OCD hasn't been working so great today, and all I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep until tomorrow.  My shoulder hurts too, so naturally, I'm worried that I'm bleeding to death internally.

Blech.  Having OCD and PCOS isn't fun.  I may have to buy myself ice cream today.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

2 comments:

A. Olinger said...

How awful! I hope you feel better soon!

Mergath said...

Thanks! I'm doing much better today. :)

Post a Comment