04 August 2012

Summer Is Winding Down - An Update

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted!  Sorry about that.  We've been so busy this summer, blogging just keeps slipping my mind. 

We've had a very full and very fun summer so far.  We've been slowly incorporating some structured, scheduled homeschooling each day, including a lesson from Phonics Pathways and a mixture of Saxon Math and MEP.  We've also been doing a new read-aloud, "James and the Giant Peach," by Roald Dahl.  Syd adores it.  She begs me to read her several chapters each day, and we're already two-thirds through it, despite only starting it earlier this week! 



Yesterday evening, I took Syd to the theater to see a live performance of Disney's Aladdin.  It was wonderful!  Syd was enraptured by the whole thing, and sat through the performance without so much as twitching.  Amazing, for a four-year-old.

I've been doing a lot of knitting during the last month or so.  I tend to go through crafting phases, but I really think this one is going to stick.  So far, I've knitted a bookmark, a cabled slouchy hat for Syd, a leaf-patterend dish cloth, and I'm halfway through a matching scarf to go with Syd's hat.  Knitting is so calming.  Now if I can just get the kitten to leave my yarn alone...


My awesome dishcloth. :)

I've also been continuing to sew, though more sporadically than the knitting.  My most recent project is a shirt for Syd's godmother, a lovely purple flowy shirt.  I just have to hem the neck, and it will be done.  I'll post pictures once it's completely finished.

So between all that, and being outside, and going to concerts and spending days at the library and the beach, it's been a busy summer!  And we're not done yet.  My birthday is in less than a week, and after that my mom will come for a visit, and then the county fair rolls into town...  I'm tired just thinking about it all.

Once the school year starts, I'll blog again regularly.

Hope you continue to have a great summer!
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment